Read the yellow highlights at the end...OMG.. this should really boggle
the joke about the sign on the moon saying 'Walmart's coming soon" could
well be true!!!
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March
17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco
+ K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private
employer, and most can't speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, keep in
mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super
Centers ; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur
At a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
13. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San
Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National
Product (GNP) ... and that is only ONE port ...one way that¹s how
Wal-Mart gets it's stuff.
14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the
15. Wal-Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any
place on Earth.
16. The official U.S. Government position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no
lower than anyone else's when compared to a typical families weekly
purchases. That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau Of Labor
Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the Consumer Price Index
17. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells, comes from China . Another 4%
comes from Chineseowned companies in the U.S. Or in 3rd world Countries.
18. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on it's
employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the
insurance moneys go to the companies. I.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often
these moneys, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant
Life Insurance Policies", is paid out to executives as bonuses. (A common
practice, unknown by the average consumer).
19. Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per
20. Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping
If we closed all the Wal-mart stores would China go bankrupt?????????