Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Coaching Tips & Strategies #32

LISTING STRATEGIES (13)
Steps 9-10 of the listing presentation.

9. Restate and clarify the answers you receive: The ago old principle, “Seek first to understand, and then be understood,” I see too many listing presentation ends up like this... “Let me tell you how wonderful I am and how great our company is, and then I’ll listen to you.” Don’t go into the listing presentation with an arsenal of features and benefits that you overwhelm the seller with. The seller is primarily interested in knowing that you will do what’s important for them. Restate their answers so that they know you listened, gain clarity, and allow yourself to hear it again, and then proceed with how you are going to move forward in the listing presentation.

10 Ask the seller what they think your job is as their real estate Sales Representative / Broker. What do you think their answer is going to be? To get their house sold, yes? NO!

“Mr. And Mrs. Seller, my job is to take your home to market and to test the market. Selling your home is a result of me doing my job.”

You ever feel like you get caught in a sales trap with your sellers? Your job is the process, not the outcome. If you follow the process, yours sellers will experience their outcome.
In a later tip, I will share with you the continuation of this and the pricing conversation.
Your next tip will explain step 11 of the listing presentation. Until then I wish you all continued success.

It's Your Career - I'm Here To Support YOU!,
Constantine Isslamow
Real Estate Broker/Mortgage Broker/Manager
Century 21 United Realty Inc. Brokerage/CENTUM Core Financial Inc.
Independently Owned and Operated
www.Twitter.com/ConstantineC21
CENTUM Core Financial Inc. Brokerage License #: 10642 Constantine Isslamow License#: M08005391

No comments:

Post a Comment